CONTRIBUTIONS AND EXPENSES
Individuals accepting inkind and/or monetary donations must comply with the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Act. Filing responsibilities, schedules, forms/reports, educational resources and more can be found at www.ethics.ga.gov/filer-info/.
Campaign signs should meet the requirements Article 9-18 entitled Signs and Advertising Devices in the Unified Land Development Code. Generally speaking, placement of campaign signs should meet the following criteria:
- Requires permission from the property owner prior to placement.
- Should not be placed in the right-of-way.
- Should not be placed on utility poles.
- Displayed no more than one-month before the election.
- Removed from all locations within two weeks after the election.
If contacted by a Code Enforcement Officer, it is important to respond immediately.
Questions about the sign ordinance should be directed to the Community Development Department.