Project Status: I
Starting Date: June 2018
Completion Date: July 2019
Details: New utilities have been installed. Sidewalk, streetlights, curb and gutter have been installed. Paving operations have begun, which will result in frequent road or lane closures from May 13 through July 8. Work schedule is weather dependent.
May 13-23: Main Street will be closed in front of Hunt Tower. The parking deck will remain open.
May 28-31: One-lane closures on Main Street with traffic flagging due to milling work.
June 3-7: Main Street will receive a final top coat of pavement.
June 3-14: Maple and Broad will receive final top coat of pavement.
What will the construction look like, how will it affect my business, and will we be able to use the sidewalk?
- The parallel parking in the area of construction will be closed.
- The new curb line will be forms and poured.
- The sidewalk will be passable around the construction.
- The curb line will be in a different location than currently exist.
- There will be gravel fill between the new curb line and the existing sidewalk. This will be a walkable surface with no dirt.
- This work will be done in three sections along Main Street to allow pedestrian traffic around the site.
- This work will be done in three sections in coordination with businesses.
- The parallel parking lane will be coned off to allow pedestrians to walk in the edge of the pavement around the sidewalk.
- Care will be taken to fill in or bridge any gaps in the sidewalk during construction.
- Concrete will be placed in one day.
- Brick work will be done within 2 days of concrete allowing for full pedestrian access.
- Two feet of sidewalk will be cut out allowing three and a half feet of gravel area for the installation of conduits and light pole bases.
- Conduit and light poles will be installed in three sections.
- The sidewalk will be passable but narrower.
- Temporary compacted gravel fill will be installed between the sidewalk and the curb line.