Planning serves the community by assisting citizens with all aspects of land development. The department administers the Unified Land Development Code; and implements land use policies as outlined in the Comprehensive Plan. We provide a wide array of comprehensive planning and land use regulatory services to the residents and development community of Gainesville. Other services provided by this Department include:
- Processing rezoning, annexation and variance applications to the Planning and Appeals Board and City Council;
- Reviewing plans for new development projects and land disturbance permits;
- Reviewing and stamping survey/plats for recording;
- Maintaining all mapping for the City;
- Assisting in the construction and maintenance of the Geographic Information System (GIS) for Gainesville-Hall County; and
- Providing zoning certification letters;
- Providing zoning verifications for persons to obtain a business license and those wishing to obtain building permits in the City.
For additional information, please contact Matt Tate, Community and Economic Development Deputy Director, via email or by calling (770) 531-6573.