Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
Public Safety Complex (Gainesville Justice Center)
Municipal Court Room
701 Queen City Parkway
Gainesville, GA 30501
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
(5 minutes per speaker/20 minutes maximum)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications
- Chattahoochee Golf Grill, 301 Tommy Aaron Drive
New application for consumption on the premises of beer and wine.
- Citgo Food Mart, 2127 Athens Highway
New application for beer package license.
- Dos Gringos Mexican Restaurant, 1856 Thompson Bridge Road
New application for consumption on the premises of beer, wine and liquor.
- BR-2014-33 Amend and Add to the City of Gainesville Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual
- BR-2014-34 Authorization to Change Insurance Provider for Basic Life/AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life, Third Party Administration of Short Term Disability, and Voluntary Long Term Disability
- BR-2014-35 Authorization to Change Insurance Provider for Dental and Vision Insurance and Cancer, Accident, and Critical Illness
- PR-2014-47 319(h) Project Contract with Georgia Environmental Protection Division
- PR-2014-48 Flat Creek Stream Restoration Cargill to Gainesville Mill - Phase I
- PR-2014-49 Flat Creek WRF - DAF Unit Study
- PR-2014-50 FY 2015 Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant (LMIG)
- PR-2014-51 SR 284 Clarks Bridge Utility Relocation
- Gainesville Non-Profit Development Foundation, Inc.
Amend Chapter 6-4 Entitled Alcoholic Beverages
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 6-4 ENTITLED ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA; TO AMEND SECTION 6-4-45 ENTITLED BROWN BAGGING TO PROVIDE THAT SECTION 6-4-45 DOES NOT APPLY TO AN ART SHOP OR PRIVATE FUNCTION; TO AMEND SECTIONS 6-4-47(b) and 6-4-47(g) ENTITLED SALES BY FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS TO ALLOW THE ISSUANCE OF TEMPORARY EVENT PERMITS TO CONSUMPTION ON PREMISES AND RETAIL PACKAGE LICENSEES AND TO DELETE The Georgia Mountain Center from subsection (g); TO AMEND SECTION 6-4-50(a)(1) TO ALLOW ISSUANCE OF CATERING LICENSES TO CONSUMPTION ON PREMISES AND RETAIL PACKAGE LICENSEES; TO AMEND SECTION 6-4-50(b)(3) AND 6-4-50(c)(2) BY DELETING SAID SUBSECTIONS; TO ADD SECTION 6-4-52 TO ALLOW ISSUANCE OF MALT BEVERAGE AND HARD CIDER BREWERY LICENSES; TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES; TO PROVIDE FOR SEVERABILITY; TO PROVIDE FOR CODIFICATION; TO PROVIDE FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
Amend Chapter 1-7 Entitled Recreation and Parks
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 1-7 ENTITLED RECREATION AND PARKS OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA; TO AMEND SUBPARAGRAPH (6) OF SECTION 1-7-2 ENTITLED PROHIBITED ACTS WHICH CAUSE A DISTURBANCE OR ENGAGE IN ANY ACTIVITY WHICH UNREASONABLY INTERFERES WITH THE INTENDED USE OF AN ENJOYMENT OF A PARK; TO AMEND SUBPARAGRAPH (8) OF SECTION 1-7-2 ENTITLED PROHIBITED ACTS WHICH CAUSE DEFACE, REMOVE DAMAGE OR ALTER PROPERTY IN THE PARKS; TO ADD SUBPARAGRAPH (18) TO SECTION 1-7-2 TO PROVIDE THAT TENNIS COURTS ARE TO BE USED FOR INTENDED PURPOSES EXCEPT AS AUTHORIZED BY THE DIRECTOR OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION OR HIS DESIGNEE. TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES; TO PROVIDE FOR SEVERABILITY; TO PROVIDE FOR CODIFICATION; TO PROVIDE FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
Second Reading: Ordinance No. 2014-22
Amend Chapter 6-10 Entitled Adult Entertainment
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 6-10 ENTITLED ADULT ENTERTAINMENT ESTABLISHEMENTS OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA; BY DELETING SECTION 6-10-25. “ENTITLED ADVERTISING AND POSTING;” TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES; TO PROVIDE FOR SEVERABILITY; TO PROVIDE FOR CODIFICATION; TO PROVIDE FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
Request from Pap Datta to rezone a 1.04± acres tract located on the northwest side of the intersection of Parker Street and Maple Street (a/k/a 510, 514 and 520 Maple Street SW) from General Business (G-B) to Light Industrial (L-I), with a special use. Ward Number: Three. Tax Parcel Number(s): 01-011-003-005 and 011. Request: Brewery
CITY MANAGER ISSUES:
CITY ATTORNEY ISSUES:
CITY CLERK ISSUES: