The Administration Division is led by Division Chief Keith Smith. Chief Smith has been with the City of Gainesville Fire Department for more than 24 years. He has served as a Firefighter, Driver, Lieutenant and Captain on the suppression side, and as Division Captain for Support Services. He was promoted to Division Chief in February 2014.
His job duties include the following;
- Departmental Budget & Finance
- Grant / File Management
- Managing the GSAR TF1 program
- Maintaining the EMS supplies, training and First Responder Licensure for the department
- Responding on incidents involving technical rescue or hazardous materials
- Promotional Assessments
- Serves as the Public Information Officer
- ISO Documentation & Inspection Coordination
- Hose & Hydrant Testing & Documentation
- Special Event Coordination
Chief Smith is a member of the Georgia Association of Fire Chiefs and the Georgia State Firefighters Association. He is a board member for The Guest House and a volunteer with the Salvation Army.
Should you have any questions about the Gainesville Fire Department please do not hesitate to contact Division Chief Smith at (770) 534-3612.