The Administration Division is led by Division Chief Keith Smith. Chief Smith has been with the City of Gainesville Fire Department for more than 27 years. He has served as a Firefighter, Driver, Lieutenant, and Captain on the suppression side, and as Division Captain for Support Services. He was promoted to Division Chief in February 2014. Chief Smith earned his Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security, Summa Cum Laude, from Columbia Southern University and his Paramedic certification at Lanier Technical College. He has lived in Hall County with his wife Tracy for the past 27 years and has one son, Ryan. Chief Smith is a USMC Veteran.
His job duties include the following;
- Departmental Budget & Finance
- Grant / File Management
- Managing the GSAR TF1 program and currently serves as the Task Force Leader
- Responding on incidents involving technical rescue or hazardous materials
- Serves as the Public Information Officer
- ISO Documentation & Inspection Coordination
- Hose & Hydrant Testing & Documentation
- Special Event Coordination
Chief Smith is a member of the Georgia Association of Fire Chiefs and the Georgia State Firefighters Association. He is an advisory board member for The Guest House and a volunteer with the Salvation Army. Chief Smith is a member of the Georgia All Hazards Incident Management Team and serves as Safety Officer, Division/Group Supervisor, and Public Information Officer. He is also an adjunct instructor for the Georgia Public Safety Training Center.
Should you have any questions about the Gainesville Fire Department please do not hesitate to contact Division Chief Smith at (770) 534-3612.