Downtown Gainesville continues to grow. The charm of the Historic Downtown Square, often called the heartbeat of Gainesville, is a focal point of both public and private developments that continue to flourish as we follow our Downtown Development Master Plan.
Current Downtown Development Projects:
- Gainesville Renaissance (Ground Breaking Sept 2020, est. Feb 2022)
- Solis Gainesville (Ground Breaking Oct 2020, est. April 2022)
- Streetscaping Project (Ground Breaking July 2020, est. Nov 2021)
- Hall County Public Library: Downtown Gainesville Branch (Renovations completed Sept 2020).
- Midtown Skate Park (Completed July 2020, ribbon cutting Oct 2020).
- Main Street Parking Deck Improvements (Structural additions completed 2019. Lighting / Beautification improvements in progress.)
Stay up-to-date with construction progress at gainesville.org/news/