A Message from the Director
For this multifaceted human service agency, helping others is what we do best. At some point in each of our lives we will find ourselves in a place where we either need help or have a need to help others.
The Community Service Center is the place where services are offered and volunteer needs are fulfilled. Residents of Gainesville and Hall County can ride the public bus system, get extra support through financial services, or take part in programs designed to enrich the lives of mature adults such as the Senior Life Center and Meals on Wheels.
Our hope is that these efforts uplift and strengthen our community.
Community Service Center Director
Phillippa Lewis Moss
430 Prior Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
Service is the operative word used to describe this joint department of the City of Gainesville and Hall County. Established in 1970, the Community Service Center (CSC) was created to assess the need for and coordinate human service programming. CSC programs include:
The Center for Family Prosperity provides free income tax preparation to families with low- to moderate- incomes
- Affordable, convenient public transportation including scheduled service and on demand service
- Activities include health and wellness programs, continuing education, recreation and leisure and travel events
- A nutritious hot lunch is provided each day
- Meals on Wheels delivers lunch to approximately 350 households each weekday
- Prescription Medication Assistance helps seniors purchase medication
Senior Housing Options
Special Note: Effective September 1, 2012 Family Preservation, Parenting Education and Counseling Services are no longer available.