Garbage & Recycling Provider

If you live within Gainesville's city limits and your property is residential, garbage and recycling is automatically provided by The City of Gainesville Solid Waste Department and is included with the billing of your City of Gainesville water and sewer account. 

Exceptions to this rule with no city sanitation: Cresswind at Lake Lanier, Copper Springs, Sandridge Commons, The Bluffs at Lanier and Chicopee Crossing.

You will first set up your new service with the Department of Water Resources. Review the Water & Sewer Providers FAQ for information on creating a new account with the Department of Water Resources.

Learn your residence's assigned garbage collection day by calling 770-532-0493. More information can be found on the Solid Waste webpage.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call if my street light is out?
2. My water has an unusual smell. Who do I contact?
3. Natural Gas Providers
4. Power Providers
5. Water & Sewer Provider
6. Garbage & Recycling Provider