GAINESVILLE, Ga. (Nov. 11, 2023) – The City of Gainesville will observe the Thanksgiving holiday Thursday, Nov. 23-Friday, Nov. 24, resulting in unavailability of the following facilities and services:
All administrative offices, including those at the:
- Gainesville Administration Building
- Gainesville Community and Economic Development Building
- Gainesville Public Safety Complex (Gainesville Police Department + Gainesville Fire Department)
- Gainesville Water Resources Building (Queen City Parkway)
- Gainesville Civic Center (Gainesville Parks & Recreation), etc.
Gainesville-Hall County Community Service Center, including:
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Life Center
- Fingerprinting services
Garbage and recycling
- No garbage or recycling will be picked up Thursday, Nov. 23, therefore customers should put their garbage and recycling curbside by no later than 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 22.
The City will return to business as usual Monday, Nov. 27.
For more information and timely updates, visit gainesville.org or find @GainesvilleGeorgiaGovernment on Facebook.