GAINESVILLE, Ga. (June 4, 2023) – The City of Gainesville will observe Independence Day Tuesday, July 4, resulting in unavailability of the following facilities and services:
All administrative offices, including those at the:
- Gainesville Administration Building (open Monday, July 3)
- Gainesville Community and Economic Development Building (open Monday, July 3)
- Gainesville Public Safety Complex (Gainesville Police Department + Gainesville Fire Department) (open Monday, July 3)
- Gainesville Water Resources Building (Queen City Parkway) (open Monday, July 3)
- Gainesville Civic Center (Gainesville Parks & Recreation), etc. (open Monday, July 3)
Gainesville-Hall County Community Service Center, including:
- Meals on Wheels (active Monday, July 3)
- Senior Life Center (open Monday, July 3)
- Fingerprinting services (available Monday, July 3)
- WeGo (available Monday, July 3)
Garbage and recycling
- No garbage or recycling will be picked up Tuesday, July 4. Excluding those with Monday collection days, customers should hold their garbage and recycling until the following day. Customers' garbage and recycling will be picked up one day later than usual.
The City will return to business as usual Wednesday, July 5.
For more information and timely updates, visit gainesville.org or find @GainesvilleGeorgiaGovernment on Facebook.