GAINESVILLE, Ga. (February 7, 2022) – Meals on Wheels is seeking volunteers for meal delivery. Our volunteers are the friendly faces that bring a meal and a smile to so many of Gainesville-Hall seniors. Join a team of other like-minded volunteers whose common goal is to make Gainesville stronger as we support our seniors by:
- Providing essential nutrition
- Preventing premature nursing home placement
- Offering a friendly visit and well-being check on frail older adults
Gainesville-Hall has approximately 500 seniors who receive lunches each week. For some seniors, this daily visit may be the only social interaction they have during the day. Meals on Wheels has 24 hot food routes that run Monday through Thursday and 10 frozen food routes that run once a week. Choose which days work best for your schedule.
How to become a volunteer:
- We offer a twice monthly orientation via zoom that is open to the public on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 2 p.m. each month. Zoom information can be found on the Meals on Wheels page.
- Or fill out this volunteer form and we will have someone from the Meals on Wheels program contact you.