Away We Go
Click - Walk - Ride
WeGo is a government-sponsored rideshare transportation service that uses a smartphone application and a fleet of 22 passenger vans to transport you around town. It’s easy, quick, safe and affordable.
WeGo Powered by Via
Download the app free on:
Tips for young passengers
Have a young rider or a child interested in becoming more independent? Tips for youth interested in utilizing WeGo services can be found here Version OptionsWeGoHeadline.
Know before you go
For questions or concerns, contact Hall Area Transit at 770-503-3333, ext. 2.
- The WeGo Powered by Via app is the fastest way to book a ride. Calling Hall Area Transit will take longer
- Verify pick-up and drop-off locations before confirming ride. Hall Area Transit is not responsible for incorrectly entered information
- Purchase vouchers with cash at Hall Area Transit (687 Main St.), Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; $100 bills or larger not accepted
- Payments for fares and vouchers are nonrefundable
- Be ready to board vehicle at the designated pick-up location within 3 minutes prior to arrival or risk being billed for the trip.
- Holiday schedules posted on gainesville.org, the WeGo Powered by Via app and in vehicles
- WeGo is NOT a door-to-door service, virtual bus stop may be up to 250 feet away
- WeGo is NOT a medical transport. Drivers do not have medical training and do not accompany passengers into homes or other locations
- WeGo is a rideshare service. You will share the van with other riders
PROHIBITED on WeGo
Drivers may ask passengers violating these rules to exit the vehicle – incidents may also result in the loss of riding privileges:
- Inappropriate or threatening behavior toward the driver or passengers
- Smoking, vaping and illegal drug use (also prohibited at virtual stops)
- Eating and drinking
- Furniture, bicycles or bulky items
Items allowed with restrictions
- Riders may travel with Registered Service Animals. (Must be registered by an authorized registering agency.)
- Cellphones and other electronic devices must remain off speaker mode at all times.
- Carry-on bags and packages are limited to 4 shopping bags and must be carried on board by the rider.
Booking, cancellations, no-shows and wait times
- Once a trip is booked, it CANNOT be changed within the app. Trips with incorrect locations must be CANCELED and RE-BOOKED. Riders must exit the WeGo vehicle in order to re-book another ride.
- Riders must book a trip prior to entering the WeGo vehicle.
- Riders are charged automatically for LATE CANCELLATION and NO-SHOW trips.
- Riders must schedule and prepay for trips through the WeGo Powered by Via app or by calling Hall Area Transit.
- WeGo rides are not guaranteed and wait times vary based on demand so please plan accordingly.
- Drivers are not allowed to accept cash or other types of fare. Riders must have available credit or voucher funds on their WeGo account to secure a ride.
- Unforeseen events will delay service. Please plan accordingly.