Away We Go
Click - Walk - Ride
WeGo is a new rideshare transportation service that uses a smartphone application and a fleet of 17 passenger vans to transport you around town. It’s easy, quick, safe and affordable.
WeGo Powered by Via
Download the app free on:
Refer a friend
If you refer a friend, you both will receive a free $3 ride credit. Need to vote, file taxes or meet with a representative? For a limited time, download the WeGo app and enter code HALLCOUNTY to enjoy $1 rides to or from the Hall County Government Center.
- The WeGo Powered by Via app is the fastest way to book a ride. Calling Hall Area Transit will take longer
- Verify pick-up and drop-off locations before confirming ride. Hall Area Transit is not responsible for incorrectly entered information
- Purchase vouchers with cash at Hall Area Transit (687 Main St.), Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; $100 bills or larger not accepted
- Payments for fares and vouchers are nonrefundable
- Be ready to board vehicle at the designated pick-up location within 3 minutes prior to arrival or risk being billed for the trip.
- Holiday schedules posted on gainesville.org, the WeGo Powered by Via app and in vehicles
- WeGo is NOT a door-to-door service, virtual bus stop may be up to 250 feet away
- WeGo is NOT a medical transport. Drivers do not have medical training and do not accompany passengers into homes or other locations
- WeGo is a rideshare service. You will share the van with other riders
PROHIBITED on WeGo
Drivers may ask passengers violating these rules to exit the vehicle – incidents may also result in the loss of riding privileges:
- Inappropriate or threatening behavior toward the driver or passengers
- Smoking, vaping and illegal drug use (also prohibited at virtual stops)
- Eating and drinking
- Furniture, bicycles or bulky items
Items allowed with restrictions
- Riders may travel with Registered Service Animals. (Must be registered by an authorized registering agency.)
- Cellphones and other electronic devices must remain off speaker mode at all times.
- Carry-on bags and packages are limited to 4 shopping bags and must be carried on board by the rider.
Booking, cancellations, no-shows and wait times
- Once a trip is booked, it CANNOT be changed within the app. Trips with incorrect locations must be CANCELED and RE-BOOKED. Riders must exit the WeGo vehicle in order to re-book another ride.
- Riders must book a trip prior to entering the WeGo vehicle.
- Riders are charged automatically for LATE CANCELLATION and NO-SHOW trips.
- Riders must schedule and prepay for trips through the WeGo Powered by Via app or by calling Hall Area Transit.
- WeGo rides are not guaranteed and wait times vary based on demand so please plan accordingly.
- Drivers are not allowed to accept cash or other types of fare. Riders must have available credit or voucher funds on their WeGo account to secure a ride.
- Unforeseen events will delay service. Please plan accordingly.