The Gainesville Upper Lanier Water Trail is a 14 mile section of Lake Lanier and is a continuation of the Upper Chattahoochee River Water Trail. Five lake parks within the City of Gainesville serve as the perfect launch, landing or stopover sites for avid or beginner paddlers.
View Gainesville Upper Lanier Water Trail put in and take out locations (PDF).
Things to Remember for Your Safety
- Swimming is not recommended as no Lifeguards are on duty at parks.
- Lake Lanier is very popular with motor boats especially on summer weekends. It is advised to stay close to the shoreline for safety.
- Respect private property rights and park rules.
- Always wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD).
- Travel with a buddy - or at least inform someone of your paddling plans.
- Carry food and water as necessary.
For more information call Gainesville Parks and Recreation at 770-531-2680.