Message from the Chief
"The No. 1 priority of Gainesville Police Department personnel is service to the citizens of our community. Our service is our greatest product offered and we strive every day to make that product the best available anywhere.
"To be successful, the police department must also have a strong and trusting relationship with the community. We take pride in building relationships based upon the foundation of our 'community-oriented policing' philosophy, which fosters a strong partnership with the community we serve.
"As a lifelong Hall County resident, I am invested in this community and this police department. Each day, I promise to uphold my oath of office in order to make this community one of the safest places to live and work."
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Gainesville Police Department is to provide the highest quality of police services by being a PILLAR of our community:
- Professionalism: The competence and skill expected of a professional - the way you carry and conduct yourself.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing for the right reasons, no matter who is watching, and no matter the consequence.
- Loyalty: Allegiance to a common virtue or belief.
- Leadership: Having the knowledge, ability and discipline to bring yourself and others toward completing a mission.
- Accountability: Holding yourself and others responsible for their actions or inactions, no matter what the cost. Keeping yourself and others at and above the highest standard.
- Respect: Demonstration of the highest regard for each other's beliefs and virtues.