As a service to city residents, the Gainesville Public Works Department provides curbside leaf pickup to homes within city limits from early October to late January every year. During this time, if you have questions you can contact Street Maintenance at 770-532-0379.
In an effort to ensure the roads remain clear and safe for everyone during this period of leaf pickup, the Street Maintenance Division asks residents to adhere to the following when placing your leaves curbside:
- Leaves are to be placed in long, narrow piles behind the curb
- Do not place leaves in the gutter which inhibits storm water from draining properly
- Do not place leaves in the road as this can pose as a hazard to traffic
- Please remove all debris such as sticks, limbs and trash
Watch this short, educational video to learn more.
Curbside Leaf Pickup Schedule (Pickup Routes Subject to Change)
- Zone 1 - 1st and 3rd week of the month - Contains all portions of the City west of a line down Thompson Bridge Road (SR60), along Green Street and south along EE. Butler (US 129).
- Zone 2 - 2nd and 4th week of the month - Contains all portions of the City east of a line down Thompson Bridge Road (SR60), as you go south along Green Street and along E.E. Butler (US129); and all portions of the city across the lake at Thompson Bridge Road.
|Zone 1||October 5 to October 9, 2020|
|Zone 2||October 12 to October 16|
|Zone 1||October 19 to October 23|
|Zone 2||October 26 to October 30|
|Zone 1||November 2 to November 6|
|Zone 2||November 7 to November 13|
|Zone 1||November 16 to November 20|
|Zone 2||November 23 to November 25 (Holidays November 26 and 27)|
|Zone 1||November 30 to December 4|
|Zone 2||December 7 to December 11|
|Zone 1||December 14 to December 18|
|Zone 2||December 21 to December 23 (Holidays December 24 and 25)|
|Maintenance||December 28 to December 31 (Holiday January 1)|
|Zone 1||January 4 to January 8|
|Zone 2||January 11 to January 15|
|Zone 1||January 19 to January 22 (Holiday January 18)|
|Zone 2||January 25 to January 29|