Hall Area Transit Services
IMPORTANT NOTICE | WeGo has replaced Dial-A-Ride and Gainesville Connection services. To schedule a ride with WeGo, click the "WeGo" page in the vertical gray bar on the left-hand side.
Transportation for individuals with disabilities
Reasonable modification of policies & practices
USDOT: 49 CFR Parts 27 & 37
It is our commitment that public transit be available to all persons within our service area. Hall Area Transit will make reasonable modifications to policies, practices and/or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to its services, subject to the limitations of federal regulations. Individuals requiring reasonable modifications may do so by contacting the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) coordinator below. Please describe what you need in order to use the service.
For ADA information, contact:
Phillippa Lewis Moss
Director, Gainesville-Hall Community Service Center
Hall Area Transit General Manger
687 Main Street
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-503-3333 or use Contact Form
Hall Area Transit is a public transportation system that has served the City of Gainesville and Hall County since 1983. Its mission is to provide efficient, effective and affordable public transportation that will allow riders to access:
- Government Offices
- Medical/Dental Offices
- Recreational Facilities
- Retail Shops
- Social Service Agencies
- Other Important Community Sites
Reduce Traffic Congestion & Minimize Air Pollution
Hall Area Transit is a key component in helping reduce traffic congestion and minimize air pollution. It also encourages new generations of Hall-Countians to consider alternatives to driving in single-occupancy vehicles. Public transportation supports our community in other ways, too. It helps people that cannot drive - such as youth, seniors and persons with disabilities - to fully participate in and contribute to our vibrant community. Public transportation is a way for people to get connected and stay connected with others in the community!
Transportation options for those traveling in Gainesville-Hall County include WeGo, a new vanpool service that launched in December 2020. Effective July 1, 2021, WeGo replaced Gainesville Connection and Dial-A-Ride services.
For public transportation service, please download the app "WeGo Powered by Via" or call 770-503-3333 for more information.
Title VI / Nondiscrimination Policy Statement & Management Commitment to Title VI Plan
49 CFR Part 21.7(a): Every application for Federal financial assistance to which this part applies shall contain, or be accompanied by, an assurance that the program will be conducted or the facility operated in compliance with all requirements imposed or pursuant to [49 CFR Part 21].
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI
HALL AREA TRANSIT
- HALL AREA TRANSIT operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with HALL AREA TRANSIT.
- For more information on HALL AREA TRANSIT’S civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 770-503-3333, email http://www.gainesville.org/hall-area-transit; (TTY 800-255-0056); or visit our administrative office at 687 Main Street, Gainesville, Georgia 30501. For more information, visit yourcommunitytransit.gov.
- If information is needed in another language, contact 770-503-3333
- You may also file your complaint directly with the FTA at: Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor - TCR 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590
Titulo VI Anuncio Publico
HALL AREA TRANSIT
- HALL AREA TRANSIT administra sus programas y servicios sin considerar raza, color, y origen nacional en acuerdo con el Titulo VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles. Toda persona que cree que ha sido objeto o ha sido ofendido por alguna practica discriminatoria ilegal debajo del Titulo VI, puede presentar una queja con HALL AREA TRANSIT.
- Para mas informacion sobre el programa de derechos civiles de HALL AREA TRANSIT, y el procedimiento para presentar una queja, contacte 770-503-3333,); correo electronico http://www.gainesville.org/hall-area-transit (TTY 800-255-0056); o visite nuestra oficina administrativa en 687 Main Street, Gainesville, Georgia 30501. Para mas informacion, visite yourcommunitytransit.gov.
- Si necesita la informacion en otro idioma, contacte 770-503-3333.
- Tambien puede presentar una queja directamente con la Administracion Federal de Transito en: Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590.