Individuals seeking office for the Mayor or Council Member seat must meet the requirements of the Constitution of the State of Georgia, the Georgia Elections Code, City Charter and the City Code of Ordinances. Review the City Charter and visit http://www.gcssk12.net/board-of-education.html for information about the Board of Education.
Who is not eligible to serve as a Board of Education Member?
- A person who is not a resident of the school district in which he/she seeks election to represent
- A Board of Education Member who moves his/her domicile from the district he/she represents
- A person serving on the governing body of a private elementary or secondary educational institution
- A person employed by a local Board of Education
- A person employed by the Department of Education or serving as a member of the State Board of Education
- A person who has an immediate family member sitting on a local Board of Education or serving as the local school superintendent or as a principal, assistant principal, or system administrative staff in a local school system
- A person who is on the National Sex Offender Registry or the State Sexual Offender Registry
- A person who has not filed an affidavit with the Qualifying Officer affirming he/she meets the requirements pursuant to O.C.G.A. 20-2-51(e)
Contact the City Clerk's Office to verify residency via email to email@example.com or by calling 770-535-6865.