Planning serves the community by assisting citizens with all aspects of land development. The department administers the Unified Land Development Code; and implements land use policies as outlined in the Comprehensive Plan. We provide a wide array of comprehensive planning and land use regulatory services to the residents and development community of Gainesville. Other services provided by this Department include:
- Processing rezoning, annexation and variance applications to the Planning and Appeals Board and City Council;
- Reviewing plans for new development projects and land disturbance permits;
- Reviewing and stamping survey/plats for recording;
- Maintaining all mapping for the City;
- Assisting in the construction and maintenance of the Geographic Information System (GIS) for Gainesville-Hall County; and
- Providing zoning certification letters;
- Providing zoning verifications for persons to obtain a business license and those wishing to obtain building permits in the City.
For additional information, please contact Matt Tate, Planning Manager, via email or by calling (770) 531-6573.