Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 5:30 PM
Public Safety Complex (Gainesville Justice Center)
Municipal Court Room
701 Queen City Parkway
Gainesville, GA 30501
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
- Daughters of the American Revolution Proclamation
(5 minutes per speaker/20 minutes maximum)
- August 13, 2015 Work Session
- August 18, 2015 Mayor/Council Meeting
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Position held by Greg Hake
- Position held by Rodney Smith
Second Reading: Ordinance No. 2015-27
Polling Precincts and Nominating Petitions
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 1-2 ENTITLED ELECTION DISTRICTS, POLLING PLACES DESIGNATED OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA; TO DELETE THE CURRENT SECTION 1-2-1(b). WHICH ESTABLISHES THE POLLING PLACE FOR EACH DISTRICT IN THE CITY OF GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA WHICH IS PROVIDED FOR IN THE GEORGIA ELECTION CODE; TO DELETE THE CURRENT SECTION 1-2-3. WHICH PROVIDES THE FILING NOTICE OF CANDIDANCY BY NOMINATION PETITION WHICH IS PROVIDED FOR IN THE GEORGIA ELECTION CODE; TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES; TO PROVIDE FOR SEVERABILITY; TO PROVIDE FOR CODIFICATION; TO PROVIDE FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
- Request from Jose Valerio to rezone a 0.28± acre tract located on the north side of Myrtle Street, northeast of its intersection with Airport Drive and Ralston Street (a/k/a 1230 Myrtle Street SW), from General Business (G-B) to Residential-II (R-II). Ward Number: Four. Tax Parcel Number(s): 00-125-002-004A. Request: Two-family residence.
- Request from the City of Gainesville to amend the Unified Land Development Code for the City of Gainesville, Georgia. The proposed amendments are to amend Chapter 9-2-2, entitled “General Definitions” to provide for definitions of “Consumer Fireworks,” “Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales Facility,” and “Fireworks;” to amend table 9-6-1 entitled “Permitted and Special Uses for Nonresidential Zoning Districts” to specify Consumer Fireworks Retail Sales Facility as a permitted use within the Light Industrial (L-I) zoning district to provide for better clarity.
CITY MANAGER ISSUES:
CITY ATTORNEY ISSUES:
CITY CLERK ISSUES: