Hall Area Transit is a public transportation system that has served the City of Gainesville and Hall County since 1983. Its mission is to provide efficient, effective and affordable public transportation that will allow riders to access jobs, retail shops, recreational facilities, medical/dental offices, social service agencies, government offices, and other important community sites.
Hall Area Transit is a key component in helping reduce traffic congestion and minimize air pollution. It also encourages new generations of Hall-countians to consider alternatives to driving in single occupancy vehicles. Public transportation supports our community in other ways too. It helps people that cannot drive; such as youth, seniors and persons with disabilities; to fully participate in and contribute to our vibrant community. Public transportation is a way for people to get connected and stay connected with others in the community. Whether you're a first time passenger or a seasoned traveler, this information is provided to answer your questions and make riding a breeze. We hope to see you "on board" soon!
Gainesville Connection – Gainesville Connection provides scheduled bus services throughout the City of Gainesville and parts of the City of Oakwood and unicorporated Hall County. Buses operate five days a week from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- All buses are equipped with Wheelchair Lifts and Seatbelts.
- All passengers are encouraged to Use Seatbelts.
- Smoking is Prohibited on all buses and at all bus stops.
- Smoking, Eating and Drinking are Prohibited on all buses.
- Packages are Limited to what one person can safely carry on board.
- Holiday Schedules will be posted on the buses.
- Exact Fare must be used when boarding bus.
- Reduced Fares must be approved by administrative staff at 687 Main St.
- Passengers who behave poorly will be removed from the buses.
- Unforeseen Events Will Delay the Buses so please plan accordingly.
CONSEJOS PARA VIAJAR
- Todos los buses tienen rampas para Sillas de Ruedas y Cinturones de Seguridad.
- Se les recomienda a todos los pasajeros a que usen Cinturones de Seguridad.
- Esta prohibido fumar en los buses o en las paradas de los buses.
- Esta prohibido fumar, comer y beber en los buses.
- Paquetes estan limitados a lo que el pasajero puede cargar sin peligro.
- Horario Festivo sera publicado en los buses.
- Solamente tarifa exacta sera aceptada por el conductor.
- Tarifas reducidas deben de ser aprobadas por la oficina administrativa en 687 Main St.
- Pasajeros que se comporten mal seran removidos de los buses.
- Eventos imprevistos causaran retrasos en los buses. Por favor planee por lo tanto.
ADA Complementary Service
Service, also known as, Mobility Plus, is available to eligible persons who live within ¾ miles of a Gainesville Connection bus route, but cannot safely navigate streets to access the service due to a disability. ADA approved riders can call and receive a ride directly to a Gainesville Connection bus stop or to their desired destination. To apply for ADA Complementary Service or to comment about the service, please call Community Service Center Director, Phillippa Lewis Moss at 770.503.3333.
$0.00 Children age 3, or under 42 inches in height
$1.00 Children & Adults ages 7 to 59
$0.50 Senior Citizens ages 60+ with valid Reduced Fare Card I.D.
$0.50 Persons with Disabilities with valid Reduced Fare Card I.D.
$1.50 One bus ride plus one transfer token for connecting bus ride.
$2.00 Daily Passes with Unlimited Rides – General Public
$1.00 Daily Passes with Unlimited Rides – Reduced Fare Cards
$30.00 Monthly Passes with Unlimited Rides - General Public Passengers
$20.00 Monthly Passes with Unlimited Rides – Reduced Fare Passengers
- Passenger must give exact fare to driver.
- Day Passes may be purchased with exact change from driver.
- Monthly Passes may be purchased from administrative office
- Reduced Fare Cards for seniors may be purchased for $3.00 with proper photo I.D. from administrative office.
- Reduced Fare Cards for persons with disabilities may be purchased for $3.00 with proper social security documentation.
Mobility Plus- Riders with disabilities that cannot safely navigate the streets to access Gainesville Connection bus stops can call Hall Area Transit and
receive a ride directly to their desired destination or directly to the Gainesville Connection bus service. Persons wishing to use this service must complete a certification process to ensure that they meet ADA eligibility requirements.
Dial-A-Ride- Riders can call ahead 48+ hours to reserve van service that comes directly to them and takes them directly to where they want to go. The fare for this service starts at $2.00 and increases with each additional mile traveled.
Americans with Disabilities
Lift-equipment is available on Hall Area Transit vehicles to meet Americans with Disabilities Act requirements. Individuals who use mobility devices, such as a wheelchair or scooter, must conform to the "common wheelchair" dimensions as set forth under the Federal Register, vol. 56 No 173, 1991, Rules and Regulations. A "common wheelchair" is not larger than 30 inches wide and 48 inches long, and more than 600 pounds, when occupied.
The Bus Operator will assist individuals in safely boarding & exiting from the vehicles. Individuals with mobility impairments who need special assistance in navigating to and from the vehicle should have a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) ride with them. When the Bus Operator is notified, PCAs may ride for free.
Hall Area Transit receives funding from the Federal Transit Administration, the Georgia Departments of Transportation and Human Services, the City of Gainesville, Hall County, and fares from riders.
For additional information, route map or schedule, please contact Hall Area Transit at 770-503-3333 or email email@example.com.
TO REPORT A CONCERN OR MAKE A COMPLAINT PLEASE CONTACT PHILLIPPA LEWIS MOSS AT 770-503-3333.
A TITLE VI CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLAINT FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE IN A PDF FORMAT.
Hall Area Transit Officials reserve the right to refuse service or remove any rider who jeopardizes the comfort and / or safety of other persons.