Celebrate the holidays in Historic Downtown Gainesville as we open the holiday shopping season with music, kiddie train rides, carriage rides, photos with Santa, and the Lighting of the Chicken! Special musical guests include Voices of North Georgia and the Believers Concert Band.
This event is held in coordination with the Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce to promote shopping local for the holidays.
Full event schedule:
5 p.m. Santa arrives on the Gainesville Fire Department fire engine to kick off the event on the Historic Downtown Square!
5 - 8 p.m.
- Santa will be available on the Square for professional photos by Celestial Studios, compliments of Main Street Gainesville. Get in line early, because Santa leaves for the North Pole at 8 p.m.!
- Open houses at businesses in Historic Downtown. Find sale items and holiday treats! Purchase a $5 holiday coupon book at the Main Street Gainesville tent on the Square.
- Kiddie train rides through Roosevelt Square, starting at Spring/Bradford Streets. Brought to you by Jason Buffington Realty.
- Carriage rides starting at Washington/Bradford Streets, compliments of Moore's Wealth Management and WoodmenLife.
- Special musical guests include Voices of North Georgia and the Believers Concert Band.
- Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce will accept donations to Meals on Wheels inside Dress Up at the corner of Washington and Main Streets.
7 p.m. Lighting of the Chicken at Main Street Market.
Event parking map
Event parking locations:
- Hall County Parking Facility, 225 Green St. SE, Gainesville, GA 30501
- Gainesville City Hall, 117 Jesse Jewell Pkwy., Gainesville, GA 30501
- Saint Paul United Methodist Church, 404 Washington St. NW, Gainesville, GA 30501
- Brenau University- Jacob's Building, 340 Green St. NE, Gainesville, GA 30501
- Northeast Georgia History Center, 322 Academy St. NE, Gainesville, GA 30501