Gainesville is Camera Ready!
Current production deals (incentives, discounts)
Local hotels in Gainesville have proven to be “film friendly” and offer special rates for short or long term projects. Gainesville Tourism & Trade will negotiate incentives and discounts based on the needs of the film and production company. Gainesville Tourism & Trade will also provide a resource data base of local businesses that provide film friendly services and products.
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Gainesville, Georgia sits halfway between the authentic Appalachian art and heritage of Georgia’s mountains and the urban city center of Atlanta. Gainesville has many unique shooting locations including a historic Downtown Square, Lake Lanier and Olympic Rowing Venue, Performing Arts Complex’s and much more. While Gainesville provides an active city center, it also provides fresh farm grown produce with all the amenities from local farmers. Gainesville is also a center of commerce and trade, with headquarters of many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies located here. The city also hosts many annual events, conventions,fairs and festivals.
What makes Gainesville unique? In Gainesville, you can...
- Walk through the solar system
- Touch a real tornado (click here)
- Fly a plane at a hands on children’s museum (click here)
- Enjoy a burger at a classic 1947 diner (click here)
- Play a round of golf on the lake at the Chattahoochee Golf Course
- Make a stop on this civil war leader’s trail (click here)
- Learn to row & paddle where Olympians train (click here & here)
- Stroll tree lined streets, charming cafes & modern boutiques
- Splash around in an outdoor fun zone (click here)
- See where southern fried chicken was invented
- Relive the past of an African American pioneer in education (click here)
- Relax with an evening of intimate jazz (click here)
- Experience a Hong Kong Dragonboat Festival (click here)
- Celebrate fine art, folk art & funky art (click here)
- Cook like a pro at a Banjo & Barbecue Festival (click here)
- Watch theater doors open into new worlds, new people and new ideas (click here)
- Taste chicken 47 different ways at GA’s official chicken cook-off (click here)
- Riverside Military Academy - where leadership comes to life (click here)
- Experience our culture through an event at the Georgia Mountains Center