City Council Meeting
Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
Public Safety Complex (Gainesville Justice Center)
Municipal Court Room
701 Queen City Parkway
Gainesville, GA 30501
Council Meeting Agenda
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
- Appointment of Mayor Pro Tem (2 Year Term)
- Emergency Interim Successors Resolution
- 2014 Council Meeting and Work Session Calendar
- Designation of Official Organ
- Appointment of City Attorney (1 Year Term)
- Appointment of Administrative Hearing Officer (1 Year Term)
- Appointment of the Auditor
- Appointment of the Chief Judge
- Appointment of Solicitor (2 Year Term)
- Appointment of Deputy Solicitor (2 Year Term)
- Appointment to Gainesville Hall ’96 Board (1 Year Term)
- Appointment to Georgia Mountains Regional Commission (1 Year Term)
- Appointment of Council Members to serve as Ex-Officio Members on Boards/Committees
- Oath of Office administered by the Mayor
- Chief Judge
- Deputy Solicitor
(5 minutes per speaker - 20 minutes maximum)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications:
- Avocados Restaurant, 109 Bradford Street
New application for consumption on the premises of liquor.
- Bluefin Hibachi & Sushi, 1642 Park Hill Drive
New application for consumption on the premises of beer and wine.
- El Rodeo Restaurant, 1736 Atlanta Hwy, Ste 500 & 600
New application for consumption on the premises of beer.
- Kroger #682, 1931 Jesse Jewell Parkway
New application for package sale of beer and wine.
- Rio Balsas, 975 Dawsonville Hwy, Unit 12
New application for consumption on the premises of beer, wine and liquor.
- BR-2014-___ Amendment to Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual as it Pertains to the Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- PR-2014-___ Athens Highway Utilities Relocation – Design and Bidding Services
- PR-2014-___ FY14 Records Software System – Award of Contract
- November 19, 2013 Council Meeting
- December 3, 2013 Council Meeting
1) Request from Michael Slate to rezone a 0.67± acre tract located on the north side of Lanier Avenue, between Thompson Bridge Road and Walker Street (a/k/a 971 Lanier Avenue NE) from Residential-I (R-I) to Residential and Office (R-O).
Tax Parcel Number: 01-087-004-014
Request: Professional office use
CITY MANAGER’S ISSUES:
CITY ATTORNEY ISSUES:
CITY CLERK ISSUES: